Geological and hydro-geological survey acquire information essential for projects engineering, construction and operation. The objective is to study geological structure of the site, hydrogeological and frost conditions, physical processes and phenomena, soil characteristics etc. Such information allows correct assessment of local conditions for construction. The survey incorporates.
- acquisition and processing of previous survey materials;
- preliminary reconnaissance of project area;
- study of geological structure of site (drilling boreholes, field tests of soil, temperature measurements;
- groundwater studies (groundwater in soil mass, groundwater chemistry, assessment of groundwater impact on geological processes;
- geophysical studies (seismic activity and seismic zoning);
- laboratory test of soil (classification, physical and chemical characteristics, strength, deformation, frozen soil characteristics);
- laboratory analysis of ground- and surface water (chemistry, aggression to concrete, steel, cables);
- office data processing and survey reports.