Selection of Chemicals
Selection of demulsifiers, depressants, corrosion inhibitors, scale inhibitors, oxygen scavengers, asphalt, resin and paraffin solvents for oil gathering, transport and treatment system
- Dynamic viscosity tests of the crude and oil-field emulsion.
- Surface tension tests at lube oil/water boundary in the crude.
- Compatibility tests for various types of chemicals in oil gathering transport and treatment system.
- Selection and evaluation of most effective demulsifiers, establishing optimum points and conditions of demulsifier injection, chemicals amount, control methods of reactant treatment of oil emulsion.
- Establishing optimum quantity of injected chemical for high viscosity emulsions transport taking account that it will affect subsequent oil treatment operations.
- Selection of prevention methods of asphalt, resin, paraffin deposition in pipelines. Selection of paraffin inhibitors, asphalt, resin and paraffin solvents
Solvent capacity test package developed by Field Studies department
- Process improvement, selection of corrosion inhibitors and scale inhibitors for pipelines and vessels, and correct amount of injected chemicals